Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:38 pm

Post subject: Only in a Red State
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:40 am 

It's unbelievable the idiocy that locals will tolerate. The fact that he has not already been forced from office along with the sheriff suggests brain cells must be quite rare in Lubbock County.

http://www.dallasvoice.com/lubbock-county-judge-tax-hike-needed-pay-civil-war-obama-10124266.html

What a lunatic! The tea-baggers have so much to be proud of.

Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject: Re: Only in a Red State
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:05 am 

They'll turn on him, if only because he's asking for a tax increase.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:37 am 

This just proves that the difference between genius and insanity is genius has limits...

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:55 am 

Interesting that it's not just Republicans that say dumb things...

Check it out.

Joe Biden's 'mouth messes'
http://video.foxnews.com/v/1795576324001/huckabee-joe-bidens-mouth-messes/?playlist_id=87262&intcmp=obinsite

Also some good thoughts and wishes to Jessie Jackson Jr. I guess there still is some class left on the right contrary to popular belief.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:22 am 

Eagle wrote:

Check it out.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1795576324001/huckabee-joe-bidens-mouth-messes/?playlist_id=87262&intcmp=obinsite

Also some good thoughts and wishes to Jessie Jackson Jr. I guess there still is some class left on the right contrary to popular belief.

A dumb comment, or a gaffe, is a lot different then just plain crazy. Eagle, you have got to stop watching so much fox news. Or at a minimum, stop posting it.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:59 am 

Eagle wrote:

Check it out.

Everyone misspeaks now and then. Gw was the decider, reagan bombed moscow, quayle...well..., the point is, its funny, we laugh and rollour eyes then move on. This guy did not misspeak, he revealed how truly screwed up his brain is, much like that akin guy recently.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:35 am 

Eagle wrote:

Check it out.

Those are verbal gaffes, which Biden is famous for. Are you seriously thinking that the things being said by the judge and sheriff in Lubbock County are just verbal gaffes? Seriously? Not being sarcastic here; just astounded at the comparison and trying to relate it to how logic functions in the universe I inhabit. Does your universe have different rules of logic?

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:37 am 

VinTek wrote:
Those are verbal gaffes, which Biden is famous for. Are you seriously thinking that the things being said by the judge and sheriff in Lubbock County are just verbal gaffes? Seriously? Not being sarcastic here; just astounded at the comparison and trying to relate it to how logic functions in the universe I inhabit. Does your universe have different rules of logic?

Yes. At worst jb said something stupid. But guys like the texas judge and the missouri senator have publicly said they BELIEVE things that are completely idiotic. Not just that I disagree. They are demonstrably wrong and I think only someone who truly has mental problems, manifest idiocy or actual paranoid disorder could believe those things. Opposing abortion is an opinion. Believing that a woman cant get pregnant from rape or that obama is set to invade lubbock exhibits absolute idiocy. I hope you see the difference and agree eagle.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:35 am 

DoingHomework wrote:
Yes. At worst jb said something stupid. Opposing abortion is an opinion. Believing that a woman cant get pregnant from rape or that obama is set to invade lubbock exhibits absolute idiocy. I hope you see the difference and agree eagle.

At worst what JB said is stupid? If that had been a Republican he would be all over the news. That's the point. And they wouldn't be calling him stupid - he'd be called a bigot or worse. I hope and pray nothing happens to Obama - even if he does get re-elected to a second term. I would feel very, very uncomfortable with Biden as the President of the U.S.

I do agree there is a difference between what the judge said and what JB said. But surely we can agree the media is slanted to the left. Sure FN is slanted to the right but from what I've seen every other news agency is slanted to the left. And actually if you recall I have posted articles from the Washington Post and MSNBC for the record.

Media's double standard made clear?
http://video.foxnews.com/v/1794544913001/medias-double-standard-made-clear/?playlist_id=87485&intcmp=obnetwork

Peggy Noonan thinks so too. Imagine what would happen if Paul Ryan had said that? Double standard anyone?

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:59 am 

Eagle wrote:
Imagine what would happen if Paul Ryan had said that? Double standard anyone?

Speaking of Paul Ryan...I'm really struggling to understand why the fact that he dated a African American girl in college has anything to do with this election. Why is this even news?

It's ancient history. Who cares!

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:44 pm 

Eagle wrote:
I do agree there is a difference between what the judge said and what JB said. But surely we can agree the media is slanted to the left. Sure FN is slanted to the right but from what I've seen every other news agency is slanted to the left. And actually if you recall I have posted articles from the Washington Post and MSNBC for the record.

Eagle, nobody has said that the media isn't slanted. In fact, we've pretty much agreed that media is typically slanted. What's at issue for me is whether that bias distorts the truth. And as we've shown again and again (because of the opportunities you've handed us on a platter), FoxNews does this on a regular basis. You ducked this response to media bias in the FUD thread and are trying re-ignite it here. Why don't you address it in the FUD thread, where you originally asked the question about bias?

Eagle wrote:
Media's double standard made clear?
http://video.foxnews.com/v/1794544913001/medias-double-standard-made-clear/?playlist_id=87485&intcmp=obnetwork

Peggy Noonan thinks so too. Imagine what would happen if Paul Ryan had said that? Double standard anyone?

We'd probably say that Paul Ryan says stupid things too. We've pretty much said that about JB. JB makes idiotic statements on a regular basis -- but they're not statements that are the basis of actual policy. Are you telling me that the statements of that judge in Texas aren't a basis for policy? What's really scary is what happens when Ryan says serious things, such as what's outlined in his Path to Prosperity. It sounds great...until you do the math.

And do look up Peggy Noonan's history. Do you think that given her past, she wouldn't be biased?

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:40 pm 

Tightwad wrote:
Eagle wrote:
Imagine what would happen if Paul Ryan had said that? Double standard anyone?

Speaking of Paul Ryan...I'm really struggling to understand why the fact that he dated a African American girl in college has anything to do with this election. Why is this even news?

It's ancient history. Who cares!

Ok. At "why is this news" I emphatically agree. But adding ancient history makes me wonder. Would it matter if he were married to or dating the same woman now? What if she were a man. What if she had been a man? Why does any of this matter?

And, in my scan of a few world newspapers this evening i think i read that that romney is now a birther? I hope my language need help.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:22 pm 

Eagle wrote:
If that had been a Republican he would be all over the news.

It is in the news as it should be, as long as it is relevant and resonates. Frankly i would not vote for jb for president unless he were running against romney or ryan. But i would be comfortable with him in office if the unfortunate happened. I would hope as a patriotic american you would support him as well.

Quote:
But surely we can agree the media is slanted to the left.

Some are some are not. One of the best pieces of personal advice i ever received over 3 decades ago was to always read newspapers that challenged my views. I have and that has facilitated my ability to think critically and form my own ideas. As i have noted, my views on how our government should operated are generally quite conservative. But my view of the conservative agenda is quite different. There is nothing about what romney, ryan, the tea party, fox news stand for that is consistent with keeping the government out of peoples lives and having financial policies that fit the circumstances.

For example, it hardly hit the news today but romney implicitly criticized federal reserve policies for hurting the dollar. Is he an idiot or what? The fed has no mandate to support the dollar. If anything the fed has a congressional mandate to weaken the dollar. If the fed concerned itself with the dollar, that would be illegal. I wonder if mr romney thinks the fed should behave illegally. No he was just contributing to romneyshambles.

Had he criticized geitner it might have been appropriate, and arguably a better attack on the administration. But as it is we should wonder if he is really that misinformed, especially since him platform is based on the economy. A weak dollar is good for employment and the economy.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:38 am 

DoingHomework wrote:
It is in the news as it should be, as long as it is relevant and resonates. Frankly i would not vote for jb for president unless he were running against romney or ryan. But i would be comfortable with him in office if the unfortunate happened. I would hope as a patriotic american you would support him as well.

Sure, same as I'd hope everyone supported Dan Quayle or (had they been elected) John Edwards or Sarah Palin if the unfortunate happened. Though Al Gore would have felt truly cursed first serving as VP to a President that couldn't stop cheating, then as President with a VP that couldn't stop cheating. But I digress...

Living in southern New Hampshire, I'd welcome state-level kookiness. Around here all we get is corruption news from our friends across our southern border. At least that Texas guy is being a nutjob for what can be charitably considered a good cause (defense of the US, from his perspective), rather than just rampant cronyism and extending a middle finger at one's constituency via stuffing one's bra with cash bribes. In New Hampshire we have a guy running for a local sheriff job that says if elected he would authorize the use of deadly force (by police) to prevent late-term abortions. He's not going to win the election, though.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:52 am 

iDude wrote:
Living in southern New Hampshire, I'd welcome state-level kookiness. Around here all we get is corruption news from our friends across our southern border. At least that Texas guy is being a nutjob for what can be charitably considered a good cause (defense of the US, from his perspective), rather than just rampant cronyism and extending a middle finger at one's constituency via stuffing one's bra with cash bribes. In New Hampshire we have a guy running for a local sheriff job that says if elected he would authorize the use of deadly force (by police) to prevent late-term abortions. He's not going to win the election, though.

What is it with sherrifs? We of course have the whacko in Maricopa county who has been feloniously abusing prisoners for well over a decade. He arrests his political enemies to disqualify them (because of the arrest record). His crimes are too numerous to mention and the Feds are finally on to him. Now he has "ruled" that probable cause exists to believe Obama was born outside the US and has ordered his name be taken off the presidential ballot in that county pending his own investigation. Now, even if you agree with him on principle, only a court can rule on probable cause, and a sheriff has no authority to remove a name from the ballot. He is just totally bonkers. There seem to be a lot like that.

Offline Profile E-mail   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill Go to page 1, 2  Next