dcsimg The Get Rich Slowly Forums • View topic - Bain Capital Outsourcing Jobs to China

GRS Home  Forum Home
Bank Rates Center
   Savings Account Rates
   Money Market Rates
   Highest CD Rates
Insurance Rates Center
  Auto           Health
   Life              Home
Mortgage Rates Center
  Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:57 pm

Post subject: Bain Capital Outsourcing Jobs to China
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:28 pm 

I'm sorry, but I don't think this is right. I can't stand hypocrites.

Bain Capital is outsourcing jobs to China while Mitt Romney is out campaigning against jobs being shipped to China. This flat out is pissing me off. THEY TOOK THE AMERICAN FLAG DOWN and put a Chinese flag up while the workers train their Chinese counterparts. If you are considering a Romney vote, at least watch this and consider if this guy deserves the presidency.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grQTuIYnreg

I wish there wasn't an element of truth to this.

Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject: Re: Bain Capital Outsourcing Jobs to China
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:04 pm 

Jeez, next someone will bring up religion!

But, yeah, I think that is terrible. Another story that the press has given him a slide on is how the heck he got hundreds of millions of dollars into his IRA when the contribution limit was $2000 per year. The answer is that he put securities in that subsequently went of several hundred-fold. And not just once...MANY times. Now, if you believe that was just luck or savvy investing...well...maybe you should vote for him.

I think something smells really rotten even if there is no hard proof.

But then anyone one with half a brain who is a woman or cares about women will not vote for him anyway.

Honestly, I could almost agree with him on a wide range of economic issues. And I think he might actually be a good leader.

But anyone who thinks he is not disgustingly corrupt is a deluding themselves. But then that can probably be said for most candidates.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:47 am 

Where are the FUD busters for this one? Or do we only participate in dispelling FUD from conservatives?

I only watched the first minute or so, but the first example they cite took place in October 28, 2010. Romney wasn't a part of Bain Capital at that time, so how can he be held responsible for that? Then they go on to say "[Mitt Romney] owns about $8 million worth of Bain funds that hold 51% of Sensata's shares. . . ." If I'm not mistaken, Romney's investments are in a blind trust and he has no control over what they hold (or is even supposed to know what they hold).

I found the editorial the video quoted from. It seems to indicate that his ownership of those funds has to do with his retirement package from Bain. Here's another quote from that article which the video conveniently leaves out (I assume, I didn't finish the video):

Quote:
Mr. Romney had nothing to do with that decision. It would be troubling to learn that the candidate still had such power over the company and was willing to exercise it. The workers, obviously desperate, are hoping that the campaign’s need to avoid bad publicity might help them.

If he had nothing to do with the decision, how can he be blamed for it?
Here's the full editorial http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/07/18/bain-never-left-romney/

There's plenty of valid things to attack Mitt about. This just doesn't seem to be one of them.

DoingHomework wrote:
But anyone who thinks he is not disgustingly corrupt is a deluding themselves. But then that can probably be said for most candidates.

Bingo

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:35 am 

bpgui wrote:
Where are the FUD busters for this one? Or do we only participate in dispelling FUD from conservatives?

A pile up certainly isn't as fun after the refs start pulling people off. Every party has its pooper I suppose.

"If you only have 1 year to live, move to Penn...as it will seem like an eternity."

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:34 am 

Bichon Frise wrote:
bpgui wrote:

A pile up certainly isn't as fun after the refs start pulling people off. Every party has its pooper I suppose.

I was actually waiting for some responses from other members here to see if they were as enthusiastic about dispelling FUD as they were about disseminating it. From the silence, I have a new theory that may explain why these folks thrive on disseminating conservative FUD yet fail to dispel liberal FUD:

Maybe they're just not good at discerning fact from fiction.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:44 pm 

VinTek wrote:
Bichon Frise wrote:
bpgui wrote:

I was actually waiting for some responses from other members here to see if they were as enthusiastic about dispelling FUD as they were about disseminating it. From the silence, I have a new theory that may explain why these folks thrive on disseminating conservative FUD yet fail to dispel liberal FUD:

Maybe they're just not good at discerning fact from fiction.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Of course, my favorite had to be a line from a fellow poster who self-proclaimed that the liberals had won. Poor Eagle takes it on the chin, but has failed to learn the sage advice of: "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

"If you only have 1 year to live, move to Penn...as it will seem like an eternity."

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:03 pm 

Bichon Frise wrote:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Of course, my favorite had to be a line from a fellow poster who self-proclaimed that the liberals had won. Poor Eagle takes it on the chin, but has failed to learn the sage advice of: "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

One of my own particular favorites is: Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:14 pm 

DoingHomework wrote:
But then anyone one with half a brain who is a woman or cares about women will not vote for him anyway.

I generally prefer to avoid political debates in this type of forum because there is no sense in the back and forth that does nothing to actually evaluate the issues. And I don't really have enough time for that anyway. But it's this sort of patronizing crap that really bothers me. Please, sir, can you can tell this little woman what is best for her?

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:39 pm 

Did you not read the 2 posts prior?

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:47 pm 

Bichon Frise wrote:
Did you not read the 2 posts prior?

I did. It just really got under my skin. Sorry!

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:36 pm 

LeRainDrop wrote:
Please, sir, can you can tell this little woman what is best for her?

I'd try, but I see you are from a red state.

(Just tryin' to keep it light...)

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:44 pm 

Bichon Frise wrote:
Of course, my favorite had to be a line from a fellow poster who self-proclaimed that the liberals had won.

Well, if you are referring to my comment about Romney being done...we will have our answer in just a couple of weeks. I have no doubt that the popular vote will be close, and would not be surprised at all if Romney takes that. But a little electoral math and a perusal of the polls makes it pretty hard to get a Romney win. It's math not politics. Look at the Intrade odds, 2-to-1 in favor of an Obama win. Obama has a 64% chance of winning vs Romney's 32%. At this time in 2008 McCain's chance was put at 44%. You can dismiss Intrade but it has a pretty good record.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:51 pm 

DoingHomework wrote:

Actually from Massachusetts, but now live in Georgia. I liked Romney so much I had to leave to look for the other half of my brain ;)

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:02 pm 

DoingHomework wrote:
Well, if you are referring to my comment about Romney being done...we will have our answer in just a couple of weeks. I have no doubt that the popular vote will be close, and would not be surprised at all if Romney takes that. But a little electoral math and a perusal of the polls makes it pretty hard to get a Romney win. It's math not politics. Look at the Intrade odds, 2-to-1 in favor of an Obama win. Obama has a 64% chance of winning vs Romney's 32%. At this time in 2008 McCain's chance was put at 44%. You can dismiss Intrade but it has a pretty good record.

THat's probably about right. I think the popular totals will be very close, but, if the polls are accurate, I don't see Romney winning enough of the major swing states to win the electoral vote.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:16 pm 

LeRainDrop wrote:
DoingHomework wrote:

Actually from Massachusetts, but now live in Georgia. I liked Romney so much I had to leave to look for the other half of my brain ;)

You're just lucky he didn't keep you in one of his binders...

Offline Profile E-mail   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill Go to page 1, 2  Next