dcsimg The Get Rich Slowly Forums • View topic - Items to Bring to College as a Freshman

GRS Home  Forum Home
Bank Rates Center
   Savings Account Rates
   Money Market Rates
   Highest CD Rates
Insurance Rates Center
  Auto           Health
   Life              Home
Mortgage Rates Center
  Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:37 am

Post subject: Re: Items to Bring to College as a Freshman
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:49 pm 

Great ideas, everyone! Regarding the much-debated sheet issue, count me in for bringing two sets of sheets. That way, when it's time to change them, you simply change them and don't have to worry about doing the laundry immediately. Also, bring shoes/clothing, haha!

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:51 pm 

LeRainDrop wrote:
Great ideas, everyone! Regarding the much-debated sheet issue, count me in for bringing two sets of sheets. That way, when it's time to change them, you simply change them and don't have to worry about doing the laundry immediately. Also, bring shoes/clothing, haha!

But...but...if you just change them between semesters you can have Mom wash them when you are home for Christmas and again during the summer.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:26 pm 

DoingHomework wrote:
LeRainDrop wrote:

But...but...if you just change them between semesters you can have Mom wash them when you are home for Christmas and again during the summer.

:rofl: That could work too. Try not to sleep on the bed as often to keep it clean. ]:)

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:15 am 

Just re-read this thread. Based on conversations with my sister who's in college and the comments of those who partcipated in the thread I've made some changes.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:16 am 

You're a lot more prepared than I was when I went off to college. I had my stuff wrapped in a towel and attached to one of those hobo sticks...lol

I think you have a good list. The best tools you can take with you are curiosity, discipline, and openness to meeting new people. College will be the most memorable time of your life. You're going to hate when it ends, but will know that it's time to move forward. Enjoy and embrace the experience while you're there. (And don't get caught up in the party-all-the-time trap.)

Best of luck
Michael

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:42 pm 

mholl95 wrote:
You're a lot more prepared than I was when I went off to college. I had my stuff wrapped in a towel and attached to one of those hobo sticks...lol

I think you have a good list. The best tools you can take with you are curiosity, discipline, and openness to meeting new people. College will be the most memorable time of your life. You're going to hate when it ends, but will know that it's time to move forward. Enjoy and embrace the experience while you're there. (And don't get caught up in the party-all-the-time trap.)

Best of luck
Michael

Lol I went to college 14 years ago... I just wish someone had shown me this list back then. And specifically told me what was and wasn't essential. Of course, it really depends on each individual person. ;)

Offline Profile E-mail   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill Go to page Previous  1, 2