dcsimg The Get Rich Slowly Forums • View topic - Items to Bring to College as a Freshman

  GRS Home  Forum Home
Bank Rates Center
   Savings Account Rates
   Money Market Rates
   Highest CD Rates
Insurance Rates Center
  Auto           Health
   Life              Home
Mortgage Rates Center
  Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:37 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Items to Bring to College as a Freshman
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:49 pm 

Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:44 pm
Posts: 326
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Great ideas, everyone! Regarding the much-debated sheet issue, count me in for bringing two sets of sheets. That way, when it's time to change them, you simply change them and don't have to worry about doing the laundry immediately. Also, bring shoes/clothing, haha!


Top
Offline Profile   
 Post subject: Re: Items to Bring to College as a Freshman
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:51 pm 
Moderator

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5402
LeRainDrop wrote:
Great ideas, everyone! Regarding the much-debated sheet issue, count me in for bringing two sets of sheets. That way, when it's time to change them, you simply change them and don't have to worry about doing the laundry immediately. Also, bring shoes/clothing, haha!


But...but...if you just change them between semesters you can have Mom wash them when you are home for Christmas and again during the summer.


Top
Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject: Re: Items to Bring to College as a Freshman
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:26 pm 

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 7
Location: Texas
DoingHomework wrote:
LeRainDrop wrote:
Great ideas, everyone! Regarding the much-debated sheet issue, count me in for bringing two sets of sheets. That way, when it's time to change them, you simply change them and don't have to worry about doing the laundry immediately. Also, bring shoes/clothing, haha!


But...but...if you just change them between semesters you can have Mom wash them when you are home for Christmas and again during the summer.


:rofl: That could work too. Try not to sleep on the bed as often to keep it clean. ]:)


Top
Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject: Re: Items to Bring to College as a Freshman
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:15 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:05 am
Posts: 1150
Just re-read this thread. Based on conversations with my sister who's in college and the comments of those who partcipated in the thread I've made some changes.

_________________
~ Eagle


Top
Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject: Re: Items to Bring to College as a Freshman
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:16 am 

Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:07 pm
Posts: 50
You're a lot more prepared than I was when I went off to college. I had my stuff wrapped in a towel and attached to one of those hobo sticks...lol

I think you have a good list. The best tools you can take with you are curiosity, discipline, and openness to meeting new people. College will be the most memorable time of your life. You're going to hate when it ends, but will know that it's time to move forward. Enjoy and embrace the experience while you're there. (And don't get caught up in the party-all-the-time trap.)

Best of luck
Michael


Top
Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject: Re: Items to Bring to College as a Freshman
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:42 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:05 am
Posts: 1150
mholl95 wrote:
You're a lot more prepared than I was when I went off to college. I had my stuff wrapped in a towel and attached to one of those hobo sticks...lol

I think you have a good list. The best tools you can take with you are curiosity, discipline, and openness to meeting new people. College will be the most memorable time of your life. You're going to hate when it ends, but will know that it's time to move forward. Enjoy and embrace the experience while you're there. (And don't get caught up in the party-all-the-time trap.)

Best of luck
Michael


Lol I went to college 14 years ago... I just wish someone had shown me this list back then. And specifically told me what was and wasn't essential. Of course, it really depends on each individual person. ;)

_________________
~ Eagle


Top
Offline Profile E-mail   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Theme created StylerBB.net & kodeki