dcsimg The Get Rich Slowly Forums • View topic - Is anyone going to spike the football?

GRS Home  Forum Home
Bank Rates Center
   Savings Account Rates
   Money Market Rates
   Highest CD Rates
Insurance Rates Center
  Auto           Health
   Life              Home
Mortgage Rates Center
  Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:23 am

Post subject: Is anyone going to spike the football?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:08 am 

Perhaps, a Victor Cruz Salsa dance is more appropriate...

"If you only have 1 year to live, move to Penn...as it will seem like an eternity."

Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject: Re: Is anyone going to spike the football?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:54 pm 

I'm going to spike the punch!

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:06 pm 

Discount double check, perhaps?
HA!!HA!!

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:58 pm 

Trying to avoid a 15 yard penalty for excessive celebration...

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:21 pm 

alohabear wrote:

this is the big leagues, not college.

"If you only have 1 year to live, move to Penn...as it will seem like an eternity."

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:12 pm 

Bichon Frise wrote:
alohabear wrote:

this is the big leagues, not college.

http://www.ehow.com/info_8793303_nfl-penalty-excessive-celebration-mean.html

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:20 pm 

Not sure I see a whole lot to celebrate. The market certainly didn't today.

But I will be buying popcorn. It is going to be amusing to watch the Republicans dance now that they are going to be responsible for massive tax increases. They are either going to have to vote for them or drag their feet and cause them. Meanwhile Mr. O can take the high road and make all kinds of offers in compromise that are popular. Yep it will be entertaining.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:38 pm 

We had some pretty good coverage down here.

FTR we have guns :)

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:50 pm 

geoff_tewierik wrote:
We had some pretty good coverage down here.

FTR we have guns :)

I used to work for an Australian company. Guns were very popular.

But they did kind of think we Americans were kind of backwards for all the rest of that stuff. But then again, we could always remind them our dollar was worth more. Oops.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:53 pm 

And, on a more serious note, directors of a company can go to prison in Australia if a company becomes insolvent. At least it used to be that way. That explains a lot about why corporate finances are so transparent down and bubbles in anything are rare.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:08 pm 

I don't think they like me very much in Australia. When I entered the country, they asked me if I'd ever been convicted of a crime. My reply was that I didn't know it was still a requirement.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:22 pm 

VinTek wrote:
I don't think they like me very much in Australia. When I entered the country, they asked me if I'd ever been convicted of a crime. My reply was that I didn't know it was still a requirement.

wah-wah...

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:24 pm 

VinTek wrote:

Both my wife an I were briefly (and separately) detained coming into Australia a few years ago. In the interest of maintaining some degree of anonymity, I'm only providing brief details. They had no idea we were together yet we were each pulled aside and questioned about separate issues. This had never happened to my wife before and not to me since I learned to dress appropriately.

My wife's interrogation dealt with whether the package she had was concerned with "sport." You tell me, is hiking a sport? (They ultimately decided not because there were not two teams involved.)

Mine was about whether candy is technically a food. (And while I understood their position, I also happen to know that chocolates are an entirely different import category under international law so I'm pretty sure the 22 year old agents were simply poorly trained on the definition of food under international law and that I was right in being silent if they asked if I had any food.)

In any case we were both sprung after less than 15 minutes but it was a wild experience, especially since we saw people from the same plane hiding their pot while in line. But I suppose based on my knowledge of Australian culture, I should not have been surprised that technically leaving something off a form that was the in full view was more serious than bringing hidden drugs into the country.

But seriously, I love Australia!

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:40 pm 

And getting back to the subject of the post…

Although the candidate I voted for won the election, I don’t consider it a cause for celebration. Both sides spent unprecedented amounts of money in search of victory. While almost every election reaches new heights in spending, the increase in this election cycle resembles the trajectory of the National Debt. I don’t consider that a good thing.

Both sides were guilty of FUD, although the evidence suggests that one side was much more blatant about it than the other.

My own wish for the election was that people vote for whoever they believed would lead the country to a better place, but that they base their beliefs on facts, not FUD. To that end, I think that the huge amount of FUD presented and dispelled here and in other places may have had an effect on independent and undecided voters. News flash: intelligent people don’t like being misled and will turn against sources of FUD.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:51 pm 

VinTek wrote:
And getting back to the subject of the post…

Although the candidate I voted for won the election, I don’t consider it a cause for celebration. Both sides spent unprecedented amounts of money in search of victory. While almost every election reaches new heights in spending, the increase in this election cycle resembles the trajectory of the National Debt. I don’t consider that a good thing.

Both sides were guilty of FUD, although the evidence suggests that one side was much more blatant about it than the other.

My own wish for the election was that people vote for whoever they believed would lead the country to a better place, but that they base their beliefs on facts, not FUD. To that end, I think that the huge amount of FUD presented and dispelled here and in other places may have had an effect on independent and undecided voters. News flash: intelligent people don’t like being misled and will turn against sources of FUD.

So, people vote for whomever you perceive to be "bullshitting" the least? Certainly, Clinton either Bullshit his way out being a bullshitter, or this simply can't be true.

One of the few things I have ever agreed with David Axelrod on is that it is about who was voting. Repubs have a hard time connecting with "minorities." That doesn't mean their policies or direction is right or wrong, just unpopular with a minority electorate. Fortunately for the Dems, the "minorities" today are the majority when they are all put together.

Offline Profile E-mail   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill Go to page 1, 2  Next