dcsimg The Get Rich Slowly Forums • View topic - 30 something guy trying to deal with debt

GRS Home  Forum Home
Bank Rates Center
   Savings Account Rates
   Money Market Rates
   Highest CD Rates
Insurance Rates Center
  Auto           Health
   Life              Home
Mortgage Rates Center
  Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:39 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: 30 something guy trying to deal with debt
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:39 am 

Well folks I'm out of the rat race. The company crapped all over me and I tried to fight breifly, with a hiugjyl paid lawyer - who felt sorry for me, hahahaha, but lost spectacularly.

I've been working part time on the organic farm next door milking nice cows and de-stressing. What a difference sleeping makes to your life, huh? I'm out of internet connection so don't hold breaths for updates, but I'll be back(arny voice).

Auf Wierdersehn kameraden, and dont let the bastards wear you down. Freedom is better.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:25 am 

Sharpe wrote:
Auf Wierdersehn kameraden, and dont let the bastards wear you down. Freedom is better.

Aber doch, hast du nicht gehört "arbeit macht frei"?

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:30 am 

Work, in some ways, does eventually make you free.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:07 pm 

Sharpe wrote:
Just when I thought things were going well - boom - big problem at work. I haven't lost my job but the bosses have really had a good attack. Fought them off with legal help - free luckily - but man, it has really shaken my position. I'm seriously looking at other options, but I doubt there is a better job than this one. I will just have to knuckle under and go invisible for a while.

This was a nasty back stabbing incident from people I thought I trusted. Man, I'm never going to trust my so called superiors agains - new rule, never take anything up the ladder, just answer their questions and move on. I'm not the only one who has had this happen to them - a culture of bullying - I'm told it happens in all government type jobs. Doesn't make it feel any better. Had trouble sleeping last night but still came into work - hey, they wont beat me. Just like John Rambo!

I know Im late in replying to this... but my motto is... Trust No One! And it has served me well... especially with my govt job.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:14 pm 

fantasma wrote:
Sharpe wrote:
Looks like I'm being forced out of my job by the boss who is leaving, a parting gift. My lawyer even thinks so too, so I may have to use my severence package to keep the cold out . I may have to look for a new job. Luckily I only have aboout $6000 owing on the new vehicle and no other debt except the mortgage which is being taken care of. I still feel shell shocked by it all though. I keep telling myself, it is time for a change, a new direction. I really didn't want to be doing this crazy job when at the age of 40 (I'm 36 now).

Still, the sun is shining today.

So were you just offered a severance package to leave? I would start looking for another job asap!

Agreed... take the money and run. You hate the job and they are gunning for ya.

Offline Profile   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill, Fiscal Fitness Moderator Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7