Life              Home
Mortgage Rates Center
  Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:48 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself Here!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:51 am 

Hi all,

A business and life enthusiast here. I have a lot of experience to share and I believe I will have a great time chatting here.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:33 am 

Hello everyone. I'm Polly. I am a mother of two wonderful kids and still finding ways to earn more income so hopefully I can gain more knowledge here by reading other's experiences when it comes to wealth ideas. Success to everyone! :D

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:39 am 

Hello everyone,

I am the newest member here and just wanted to drop by and introduce myself.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:03 am 

Hello! I'm a new member! My name is Yauhen!

I'm here to learn how to save money! My income is nearly 500$ a months! I'd like to share my ideas and views with forum members!

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:50 pm 

OK, I'm a returning member who used to post regularly, until the great lockout of 2010. I got frustrated (after clearing my cache, and cookies, didn't work) and so stopped posting. '

Well, I'm back.

DH and I live in NorCal- DINKs, decent savings, retirement cash, pension, and business. We're at a point of changing our life substantially by selling the business that DH has run since 2001. So many financial changes are coming for us.

Glad to be back!

-sk

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:32 am 

Hello! My name is Jenni. My interest is in career change and handling personal finances.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:34 am 

As my name suggests, my name is Matthew Clinger and I have been studying stocks on and off for about 16 years now. This past year I discovered value investing when I picked up the book "What Works on Wall Street" (Fourth Edition) by James P. O'Shaughnessy. I have since created my own formulas for picking stocks based on the information in the book along with my own personal observations and have created an amazing system.

Last April I created my own forums, but didn't really get around to actually putting the content up and so the forum was pretty empty for about a half-year. Recently I decided to take all my old data, use my latest stock picking formula on all that data and then posted it to the forum. All 11 of my portfolios that were posted (4 only have the results, 7 show the actual portfolios as they are over half a year old) beat the NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX, the S&P 500, and the DJIA. Personally, I think it is pretty amazing that they are all beating all 5 of those indexes and of those that are 6 months or older, the closest difference between the portfolio result and the best of the 5 indexes is 7.96%. My small forum is over at prostockpicks.proboards.com if any of you want to check it out.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:45 am 

Hey Everyone!
I am new here. Just kind of getting by financially and tired of that. With hubby and 3 growing kids I am looking to improve our situation so we aren't always just paycheque to paycheque and fall apart with every financial surprise. I look forward to learning lots and getting to know you! :)

Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject: Am I doing this right?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:54 am 

Hi! My name is Anni AKA annibe11e. I just started a blog that I share with my FB friends in order to create accountability for paying down my debt. I'll share it on here when it's more organized and actually has something to offer.

I have an AAS in Accounting and way too much student loan debt. I'm working only loosely in my career field. I love working with numbers and often relax by going over my own financial scenarios and spreadsheets for hours. Right now I'm trying to continue my education without incurring more debt. I also want to start saving for retirement and buy a house and...well there are a lot of things I want my money to do-RIGHT NOW! Sigh.

If someone could direct me to a good thread addressing the art of saving and paying down debt at the same time, that would be awesome.

I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:55 pm 

Hello I am a business student with many goals.
First is getting through school, I am a non traditional student who went to community college before for web design, now I want to become an entrepreneur and have my own business. My hobbies are web design, art, photography, programing and animation, reading and writing Sci fi, and gardening among many other things. I like learning new stuff all the time. I'm interested in knowing more about finance and investing, which is how I found this forum.
I would like to own property like a rental or two sometime in the future. I have a relative who has a few places and I've helped her out with fixing stuff and dealing with tenant problems, so its something I can see myself doing later in life.
I have to get through school first though and pay off my debts both federal and private.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:44 am 

Hello,

Glad to be a new member of the forum. I am a software developer, living and working in Kentucky, currently engaged in developing new, consumer friendly financial products. I have been blessed with 2 daughters, 1 wife, 2 cats and 4 chickens. I own a vintage Gibson SG guitar, paint large abstract paintings and spend an inordinate amount of time contemplating the possibility of predestination. It's a fun and challenging hobby.

Chad Hurley

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:31 am 

Hello friends i am a new user here and wanna to introduce myself.Myself Lewiskelly and just wanted to invest money in to my new business.How should i start?I mean to say that how should i spend money?wanna tips :)

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:34 am 

I think i will definitely learn lots of things from here.It will really helpful for my business.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:26 pm 

Hello there. New guy here. I'm looking forward to chatting with everyone.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:24 am 

Hi,

My name is Ondrea. :talk: :* :clap: :geek: ]:) 8) :rofl: :rock:
Had to play for second, Ok. I'm a teacher with a fixed(basically) monthly income. I live alone and keep a small 2 1/2 acre farm with 3 horses and 12 outside cats. oh and 3 chickens. Ive been having a problem ever since this recession hit of barely making it by at the end of the month. Ive been running into problems of over drafting by checking account and thus with fees and all sending myself back further financially into the following month. Ive gotten to the point where I dont even want to look at my checking balance because every time I almost hyper ventilate waiting to see if I will live or die. So I put it off sometimes and put my head in a hole to avoid the stress.

I know this will not work. This can not work. I must write a budget and stick with it, but what usaully happens is I find with gas costs,living expenses, animal feed, etc. I can never reach it. What am I buying that I can live with out? basically nothing.

I hate Suze Orman. ok a bit harsh, I dont like her. If I went by her rules of self deprivation I'd be in an insane asylum devoid of any heart and soul. They wouldnt have to give me a labotomy because I'd all ready have one.

Anyways, My Goal is to start a business for myself because I'm an artist. Eventually as soon as I can quit my teaching job and retire early. I have been so run down by the system I know if I remain much longer I will most likely get sick,whoops there goes my health insurance. then I will be too run down to do what I really want. Ive been a teacher for 12 years and it has been one of the most harrowing, abusive, self sacrificing things Ive ever done for very little pay. My state is the second lowest in wages in the country. What Ive gained in knowledge and experience how ever is worth gold. A lot of gold, much much more then what they are paying me. How ever, they dont want you know anything about your true self worth and that you could probably make 6 times the amount they pay you, working for yourself. :x I did not say that. shhhhhhh.

So this is who I am thus far, a bit vague, but a definite piece of work in progress. Thanks :emo:

Offline Profile E-mail   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 31  Next