dcsimg The Get Rich Slowly Forums • View topic - Journey into debt reduction (Round 2)

GRS Home  Forum Home
Bank Rates Center
   Savings Account Rates
   Money Market Rates
   Highest CD Rates
Insurance Rates Center
  Auto           Health
   Life              Home
Mortgage Rates Center
  Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:29 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Journey into debt reduction (Round 2)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:06 pm 

I like the way you're thinking, and the fact that you're actually thinking and not making a rash decision.

None of us know what's going to happen Jan. 01, and that's why everyone is or should be freaking out. I'd wait to see what happens with this stupid fiscal cliff, and reassess once the guys in DC figure out what they're going to do. They suck for leaving us all hanging...I love the fact that we can say they suck without any repercussions. Gotta love the USA! Happy New Year, N2Deep and I'm really glad you're back. :)

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:56 pm 

peachy wrote:
I like the way you're thinking, and the fact that you're actually thinking and not making a rash decision.

None of us know what's going to happen Jan. 01, and that's why everyone is or should be freaking out. I'd wait to see what happens with this stupid fiscal cliff, and reassess once the guys in DC figure out what they're going to do. They suck for leaving us all hanging...I love the fact that we can say they suck without any repercussions. Gotta love the USA! Happy New Year, N2Deep and I'm really glad you're back. :)

Peachy... I am trying to turn my life around, even if sometimes it doesn't seem like it. Thanks for the kind words.

You're so much nicer than me. My words for them aren't quite that nice... and if memory serves me right there are only so many :swear: I can put in one post before it stops me.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:31 pm 

I have a suggestion for your social life: join Meetup.com or anyother interest group you have in your area.

At first glance anyone who sees me doesn't know that I love the outdoors how did I get into it? Hiking with a group of people. Now I can't get enough of being out on the trails.

Start herding your friends and share the cost to do stuff.

Most of all get outside of your social comforts. I can't tell you how many knoocks and crannies I have found just participating on these types of outings.

Oh and you'll meet women; they come with the intent of paying for themselves. ]:)

Don't be so hard on yourself while not being lackadaisical with your payments.

I think your payments are automated if I am not correct; if thats the case just enjoy the ride.

Constantly thinking about it and allowing all that stress is too much pressure.

Stick to the plan; and slowly everything will fall into place.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:05 am 

fantasma wrote:
I have a suggestion for your social life: join Meetup.com or anyother interest group you have in your area.

Checked it out and nothing in my area. Everything is in a large city the next state over (1.5hrs away), and those idiots can't drive... I used to work over there. I appreciate the help, but I think I'm like that country song. "I've given up on love cause loves given up on me."

Quote:
At first glance anyone who sees me doesn't know that I love the outdoors how did I get into it? Hiking with a group of people. Now I can't get enough of being out on the trails.

Too bad you're not closer. I love hiking and I have almost got all the trails hiked at my somewhat local state park. They have around 25 miles of hiking trails with 3 degree's of difficulity. You'd prolly love the trails there.

Quote:
Start herding your friends and share the cost to do stuff.

Would have to find some first

Quote:
Don't be so hard on yourself while not being lackadaisical with your payments.

I think your payments are automated if I am not correct; if thats the case just enjoy the ride.

Constantly thinking about it and allowing all that stress is too much pressure.

Stick to the plan; and slowly everything will fall into place.

They are semi automated. I know what I need to send in to each bill, but I don't have it set up so it automatically gets paid. I won't give anyone control over my bank account. I've read too many horror stories how someone set up auto deductions and even after they canceled their service that company still auto deducted. No thanks. I'll pay my own stuff.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:13 pm 

I guess in a way this isn't a truly fiscal update.... but in a way I guess it could be. Right now Im still fuming and I'm getting the word out any way I can. I just posted this a few minutes ago

Quote:
Way to go Facebook. Thanks for deleting my photography page. You really are a hypocritical, vindictive, worthless piece of :swear: .

Guess you didn't like it when I called you out on my page over how you use other peoples photography and then bitch when someone reposts one of your own. Now we can truly see how you deal with folks that disagree with how you handle using other peoples pictures. You just up and delete their page. Quite frankly... I hope those that are taking you to court also take you to the cleaners.

I'm guessing my main account will be next because you can kiss my hairy white :swear: !

Since I shut down my own website (thanks to my hosting company trying to force a software change that would have destroyed the layout of my site) I was using Facebook as a place to showcase my work and also giving my clients a sneak peak at how their shoot turned out before the proofs came back from the lab.

Now I have to wonder if I even want to pursue this anymore. Seems like everytime I turn around someone is trying to make it harder. Either I'm gonna have to go back to the 80's and run it old school or just give it up completely. I've been into photography for the last 25 years and I am good at what I do, but the BS is getting old and Im getting tired of buying new business cards every time a web based company wants to screw me over.

I guess the two philosophies that I am starting to live my life by truly does ring true. "Trust no one" and "if you don't have it in your possesion you don't own it." Sadly I can't afford to buy my own server to run a site off of... so that leaves me at the mercy of others.... which brings me right back to philosophy number 2. :@

I am going to think this over for a few days... and if I decide to say screw it... I'll sell off all my studio equipment and my outdoor people photography equipment and toss that money towards either the eFund or debt. I started off a long time ago in nature photography and I'll keep the equipment for that since I still love to hike and photograph nature. I'd add one of my images to this post, but it's watermarked with my real name and photography logo... .and nothing hits the web that's not watermarked. Too many shady characters that want to steal good photography and pass it off as their own.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:48 pm 

I hear your frustration, but before you give up, have you checked out http://500px.com and Smugmug? Plenty of professional photographers use them. Also Google+ has become a major hangout for photographers, even if it's a lonely desert compared with Facebook.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:02 pm 

Im not a fan of google with all their privacy issues... and it appers facebook is getting just as bad. They are nothing more than a data collection center for sale to the highest bidder.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:52 am 

Ugh, how frustrating!!!!!!!

How expensive is it to host your own server? A lot more than you were paying someone else per month?

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:46 am 

A WHOLE lot more. I don't have the income from the photography to even remotely warrent that expense.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:43 am 

One step forward and two steps back. Yep.... this is the normal routine in my life so why should my finances be any different. At least I had me eFund.

Just got back from an unscheduled visit to the vet. That trip cost me $85 bucks... and a sonic burger ;)

I learned a long time ago.... go grab a burger and it don't matter if you're getting stuck, poked, or prodded at the vet.... last thing you remember is a tasty burger and I don't have to fight ya next go round. She actually likes our female vet (cant say I blame her) but she must have been in some pain cause she even growled at her... which caught both of us off guard.... She's never growled at her before.

She screwed up her front leg somehow. For her troubles she got two shots, and 10 days (twice a day) worth of two kinds of pills. Thankfully at least one of those is for pain. Hopefully in 10 days she'll be back on all 4's and ready to play football. She loves her football

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:58 pm 

Good to see you back. You'd better stick around more next year...we'll help you stay on track! ;)

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:28 pm 

fiddlefaddle wrote:
Good to see you back. You'd better stick around more next year...we'll help you stay on track! ;)

Thanks... I've got to. I should have been out of debt by now considering I Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008

Talk about a slap in the face from my stupidity.

With everything that is going on in this country these days... having debt is a scary thing. I'd much rather have the freedom of being debt free and able to have choices.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:42 pm 

Why don't we do the 52 Week Money Challenge together. What do you think?

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:09 pm 

N2Deep wrote:
Im not a fan of google with all their privacy issues... and it appers facebook is getting just as bad. They are nothing more than a data collection center for sale to the highest bidder.

Since when has that ever not been true? Seriously, I'm not being sarcastic. These companies exist to make money. They're businesses. They don't give out services for free. There's always a cost. They can make their money by selling your data or you can pay a company that keeps your data safe. Or you can host your own stuff. But at least you have a choice. It's up to you as to whether you want to pay the cost in data or money.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:08 am 

fantasma wrote:

Why don't we do the 52 Week Money Challenge together. What do you think?

I can see this being difficult since I get paid every two weeks and the last check I'd have to come up with $103 out of an already strained budget. What exactly did ya have in mind? I'm not completely against it.

Offline Profile   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill, Fiscal Fitness Moderator Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next