One fitness site I participate in offers a section of the forum for fitness journals. Anyone can start one. They post their goals, their workouts, their diets, their accomplishments and setbacks. Others read them, provide suggestions, critiques, and motivation. Often, you can find someone who started out in, or is in your situation, and has the same goals. They can be a good source for reinforcement and motivation.
Most importantly, the desire to keep updating your journal with regular postings is a motivator to stay focused on your goals.
What about a section here for "Fiscal Fitness" journals? Everyone's goal doesn't have to be the same, some might want a house, some might want to be debt free, etc. They post their goals and provide regular updates on their progress.
This is an excellent idea. I'm even going to start my own journal where you can read all about my inner battles over whether to buy comic books or not!
- It's up to you how personal want to get with your fiscal fitness journal.
- This is the internet. Nothing is private. Consider this as you post. If you don't want it googled, make darn sure your alias is secure, or don't post it. Also beware of identity theft. (I'll remove anything that I think is blatantly dangerous, such as account numbers.)
- Other users will read your journal. They're free to offer constructive criticism and to offer advice. Be thoughtful when you leave feedback, and in return take feedback in the spirit it was intended.
- Be honest! This isn't a space for perfection. This a space for sharing your progress from where you are now to the place you want to be. Share your goals. Share your setbacks. Tell us how you feel.
- There are no right or wrong answers here.
I hope that this proves to be a useful space. As always, please let me know if you have any suggestions.