Money management

What small tips and tricks have you found that made a difference in your personal finance life? What great article did you just read? Found a great blog?

Moderator: lvergon

JerichoHill
Site Admin

Money management

Postby JerichoHill » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:15 am

If you haven't considered an online money management tool, I use Yodlee's Moneycenter and its a gem of a product for a killer price (free)
C.R.E.A.M
Government Economist
CoffeeCents - PF lessons in 15 minutes
Czar of GRS Forums.

cmittle

Postby cmittle » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:11 pm

I use Mint.com. I read somewhere that they use Yodlee but with a different interface. It is free also, and recognizes my mortgage, car loan, student loan accounts, as well as my savings, checking, paypal, and TRowePrice IRA deposit accounts.

ekrabs

Postby ekrabs » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:35 am

I prefer to keep my offline on a PDA (where I can access anywhere, anytime, especially when I'm on the go).

However, of all the ones I've looked at, I do like Mint so far.

Ryan_Taylor

Postby Ryan_Taylor » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:10 pm

Mint's a good one - you can access anywhere with an internet connection. There's also Mvelopes, which was kind of the pioneer for online money management. It's a subscription service and is more geared towards budgeting and paying down debt. Mint pretty much has everything you need. I did a bit of research on it before and from what I remember they have the same security software as your bank - so you're safe there as long as you have a good passwords.

Return to “Tips, Tricks, Links, Pointers”