For the next month, this blog will be on sabbatical.
That's not to say that I won't be working on Get Rich Slowly — I'll be working just as much as always — but that I won't publish a new article here until Monday, October 1st.
The sad truth is that this is the only way I can force myself to work on the non-editorial side of my business. Left to my own devices, all I do is read and write about money. That's great! The problem is that when I'm solely focused on content, none of the other stuff that needs to get done actually gets done. It's only when I force myself to take time off that I make progress on the business side of the business.
So, I'm forcing myself to take a month off from publishing.
In the meantime, most things will continue as normal:
- I'll continue to update the Spare Change section found on the home page so that you money nerds get a constant stream of new articles to read.
- I'll continue sending the GRS Insider to email subscribers every Friday morning. (But instead of highlighting new articles, I'll highlight the “greatest hits” from certain categories.)
- I'll continue answering email, experimenting with video, and working on the site redesign.
Basically, nothing will change around here except that I'm going to try to keep myself from publishing a blog post during the month of September.
With the extra time this buys me, I'll:
- Spend ten days in Orlando to attend this year's Fincon (the conference for financial bloggers and journalists).
- Work to restore the GRS forums. If we can't restore them, we'll replace them. I know many of you miss that space, and I want to bring it back.
- Figure out a rough publication plan for the next year.
- Attack the much-needed “content audit”, getting rid of useless old articles and updating outdated pieces with current information.
- Implement some advertising that doesn't cross my thin green line.
During this silent September, I'd love it if you could help me out. How? Whenever you find something you think GRS readers should see or read, leave a link in the comments below. Whenever you think of a topic that this blog should cover, let me know in the comments below. Sound good?
I'll see you all again in a month!